Monday, January 16, 2012

Greatest Speeches - Real or not

In honor of Martin Luther King Day, I thought that I would make a list of the most inspirational speeches to me.  These are speeches that get my blood boiling and get me energized.  These are but a small sample of motivational and inspirational speeches out there.


5. Rocky Balboa - How hard life hits Speech (yes I actually watched it)
A great speech about going out and getting what you want.

4. Independence Day - Protect against Annihilation Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdB8gCMcXI
When I first saw this movie, I watched this part and immediately wanted to go fight aliens.  You can't tell me that you didn't feel the same way.

3. Braveheart - Defiance of Engllish Tyranny Speech
How many people dressed up as William Wallace that year for Halloween and went around yelling, "You Will never take..our freedom!"

2. Charlie Chaplin
Speaks for itself.

1. (and it isn't even close) Martin Luther King Jr. - I have a dream speech
The speech that will live on forever!

Have any speeches that really spoke to you and got you fired up?  Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy Valvano's 1993 EPSY Award speech - "Don't give up, don't ever give up". Made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. That was "1993 ESPY Award speech" for us dyslexic fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the hand written speech put out by Eisenhower on June 5, 1944! The Great Crusade Speech. Epic! If you are not familiar with it, check it out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/24992147@N03/2637664494/

    ReplyDelete